Fast Five Quiz: Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease (ADPKD)

Neera K. Dahl, MD, PhD

Disclosures

August 06, 2021

Figure 2. Healthy kidney and polycystic kidney.

Patients with PKD2 mutations have milder kidney disease with less kidney cysts, later onset of hypertension and kidney failure, and improved survival than is seen in patients with PKD1 mutations. Identical renal and extrarenal manifestations are, however, seen in patients with PKD1 and PDK2 mutations.

PKD1 mutations account for the majority of ADPKD patients seen in renal clinics (approximately 85%), with PKD2 mutations responsible for the remainder of patients (approximately 15%).

Learn more about pathophysiology in ADPKD.

Comments

3090D553-9492-4563-8681-AD288FA52ACE
Comments on Medscape are moderated and should be professional in tone and on topic. You must declare any conflicts of interest related to your comments and responses. Please see our Commenting Guide for further information. We reserve the right to remove posts at our sole discretion.
Post as:

processing....